Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Is this camera only worth $2.00...???

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sometimes that's what happens on E-bay. I had a similar adventure last week myself. I am a big fan of the Minolta XL-401. I have one and use it for a lot of utility work such as titling and animation. I also use it for travel because it is compact and light. It's often the log-jam when I'm making films because it's loaded with the wrong kind of film for the movie I want to title at the moment and I don't swap cartridges mid roll as a first choice.

    I've always had it in mind to get a second one if I could get it cheap enough, but these usually finish in the $40-$100 range so I held off. Wouldn't you know somebody had one in the wrong category last week and titled in a way that it didn't just pop up when you searched, so it was way below the radar.

    I would have taken it for 50 cents if some eager beaver hadn't swooped in at the last minute and plopped down a $10 bid (not that I wouldn't...). My max bid was $20 so I took it for $10.50. Still, not too shabby.....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw that Elmo auction and passed even at $2.00. It was a potential re-sell item to me but the camera wasn't worth enough to try. I saw that there was a bid but didn't realize that it was you.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice camera!!!! And a great bargain...I should get another super 8 camera just for fun...Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •